Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wedding Day

Well, it's been a cold blustery day today with a few heavy downpours of rain. I've just come home from an evening out with friends listening to a Jazz Band. I made this card earlier using a clear set of stamps from Inkadinkadoo, Not really pleased with the way they have stamped, I'm not sure whether this is the style but I would like it to be a clearer image for both the bride and the sentiment. I've heard that you can rub new clear stamps lightly with sandpaper to condition them. Has anyone done this?
I stamped off a greeting To Have and To Hold from Shirley today but I had already made this card so will use that on another one later. Still trying out different images etc for my son's wedding card. Still have until March next year, LOL.
I've used a pink card base and this delightful yellow and pink swirled paper with pink and yellow roses on it and stamped the image with Basic Grey cut it out and adhered to the front and added the greeting in Basic Grey as well.
Thanks for stopping by - I'm off for a drink and to watch tv for a short while.
Hope you have all had a good weekend,
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy. Happy to hear you enjoyed evening out listening to a jazz band . Foot tapping music to keep warm by .
    Love the image not sure about treatment to make it stamp clearer though . sounds drastic to me . Love the background paper as it really suits wedding theme .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog xx
    I also find that some clear/cling stamps don't give a clear image the first few times I use them. What ink are you using? I use Memento or Stazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the beaded look of the stamping for this one, but I have certainly experienced this too, and can be very frustrating when trying to get a crisp image.

    I've tried light sanding and haven't had much success, what I find works best is a thicker ink, like a chalk pigment ink like versamagic is what I use for my clears. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bride - and she has a head!!! Great background paper too. Glad the band was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the effect, Sandy - really love that it's part of that shabby chic feel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...