Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Snowman with Trees

Hi everyone, wow it is so late. I'm still sitting up with Christmas Puddings steaming away on the stove - 5 of them! I now know why they are taking so long to cook. Silly me forgot to put the lids on and have only just realized it after about 5 hours cooking!!!!! What a silly thing to do. I suppose I have a reason.
Hubby came home just as I was doing all the mixing and he had been up at our daughter's. Some of the kids had got together and had a combined garage sale so he had gone to that. He went and bought some drink and it was suggested to get some icecreams too. They were ones that have a bit of honeycomb through them and coated with chocolate and little bits of biscuit. My son gave his 6 month old a little bit of the icecream and about 3 mins later his lips all swelled up and it was a mad dash to the emergency department of the hospital. I think they gave him adrenalin and he has had to be admitted overnight so they can keep an eye on him. Not sure but he must have had an allergic reaction to something and a pretty rapid one at that. So I was a bit distracted worrying about little bubs. He drove back up to my daughter's as she had the two girls whilst Mum and Dad were at the hospital and now we have them here. So a bit makeshift on the sleepwear but they are tucked up in bed.
So I have only just sat down to make my card, 5 puddings, 1 chocolate cheesecake slice and 1 zucchini slice later!
Well here it is,
The basecard is one of the SU blues and I've also used it and Kiwi Kiss (SU) for the two decorative corners. The DP on the bottom is from 3 bugs in a rug - Let it Snow, Candy Stripe and I've also used another piece of the Snow Much Fun - Christmas trees from the same company. I used a piece of white that I tore one edge and inked around with SU Ballet Blue. The sentiment is a rub-on and the snowman is a freebie from Beccy. I cut him out and then coloured the edge with a blue Copic marker and coloured the scarf, hat and ornament and added some glitter on the ornament and hat.
I am entering this into Bling It On Challenge - Christmas
and also
Anything Goes Challenge 55 - Cutting Corners - Decorative or Altered Corners
Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you find something to interest you,
Take Care,
Sandy

12 comments:

  1. Oh how cute Sandy. Love the snowman and those fancy trees. Beautiful paper and lovely design.
    It sounds like you have been busy baking today, having festive fun. Happy crafting too.
    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy, haven't you? Oooo i love Christmas pud! Gorgeous card and i love the fun papers, that snowman is so cute! Hope your Grandson ok.
    Take care
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is sooooo much fun, Sandy! Love those corners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Sandy,love the papers.I do hope your grandson is ok.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor ickle bubba...hope he's okay!
    Love the card....those trees look as if they've had too much Christmas spirit...and so does Mr. Frosty...haaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope little one is okay hun!!

    Gorgeous card hun & love the little snowman :D
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMM Homemade christmas pud! sounds delish!!!

    great card, love mr snowwyman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, cheerful card. The rub-on is fab, what is the name of the manufacturer please? would really like to get some of them
    Margaret :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandy .Beautiful card . Love the rubon multi coloured sentiment . Love the whole card design .
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh just love,this hun those snowmen are just adorable,hope your grandson will be okay too hun sounds really scarey,hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute card, thanks for joining us at Bling It On this month.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very merry and bright. Great card, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...