Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Thursday, January 26, 2012

First Christmas Card for 2012

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thankyou so much for your concern and well wishes for my husband. I rang the hospital this morning and found out they want to keep him for a couple of days. They also wanted to do a pelvic x-ray and possibly one of his hands. They did the first one and there is no problem there and I don't think they are going to do the hand now, he seems to have full use of both hands. Still in quite a bit of pain. I took our granddaughters in to see him which cheered him up quite a bit. I had a couple of the kids over for tea tonight and they went home about 10 p.m. Our youngest son leaves for Cambodia on Saturday for 2 weeks. He is doing a charity bike trip called Ride for Cambodia, they buy motorbikes/scooters and at the end of the two weeks they give them to the charity to sell as fundraising. I'm praying that everything goes well and he keeps safe over there, especially riding the bike.
I see I have a few new followers, so welcome, Merry, Trish, Bernie, Hanneke and Scrapping girl. I may have already welcomed a couple of you, not sure, LOL, my brain is a bit stressed out at the moment.
I wanted to get a Christmas card done before the end of the month so chose to do that tonight.
I've used SU Lucky Limeade for the base, a green dotty paper from My Mind's Eye and a small strip from 2007 Allison Ellis Design made here in Oz called "Precious Purple Trees" it has strips with stars, trees and this delightful little berry and star vine. The greeting is from an SU set called "Short and Sweet" and inked with a Tombo Marker in a purple shade. I used a blue card from stash to cut a nestie and I also cut around the digi image from Meljen's Desigs printed on white card. I used Copic Markers to colour the snowman.
I am entering this card into the following:
Christmas Card Challenges - 2012 Christmas Card Challenge Week #8 - Challenge is to colour.
Thanks for stopping by and again I do appreciate your comments
Sandy

11 comments:

  1. Hope your husband will be back from the hospital soon! Your card is lovely, great colors and coloring. Well whishes to your husband! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas card Sandy. Hope Hubby gets home soon. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snowman! Hope your husband's home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that matting Sandy and that purple is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And best wishes to your hubby, a horrible experience for him! And good luck to your son, that is a hard ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best wishes to you and your family, that hubby is home quickly and your son has an enjoyable and fruitful time on his bike ride. No doubt that as his Mum you'll worry about him all the time he is away, especially after hubby's accident.
    Your card is lovely, I have that snowman too :o) I might get round to my 2nd Christmas card this week lol
    Love 'n' hugs, Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI there Sandy, funny, I have just posted my first Christmas Card too. I like your colour combo and that paper is just lovely. Glad to hear your hubby is being looked after. Sounds like an awesome journey for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Christmas card Sandy
    Happy snowman is coloured perfectly
    Wishing you all happier times, Doug and I are thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad he can go home in a few days!

    Glad to see the Christmas cards started already, that snowman is so cute!

    All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Thanks for sharing at CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the purple strip down the side - it really pops!
    Thanks for joining CCC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...