Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Key to My Heart

Hello again, hope you have been enjoying your day. I had a trip to the Ikea shop with Mum and a friend. We ended up having lunch there and I couldn't resist getting a few little soft toys for my youngest granddaughter to play with. Also managed to get 3 loads of my son's clothes washed and dried. Missing my usual craft sessions as we break for the school holidays and still have the rest of January off. The little group I go to on Saturdays starts back this week though and we will be making a square tissue box cover using card and the cuttlebug for embossing and die cutting. I have to make sure I remember to take all the critical bits and pieces!
Might get that ready tomorrow so I don't forget anything, LOL!
Here is my card for today.
I've used SU Cajun Craze cardstock for the basecard, the DP is also SU and is a scrap from stash. I distressed the edges and then sponged with Tim Holtz ink. I then stamped a word background stamp by Prima Marketing using Choc Chip onto a scrap piece of white card and then distressed the edges with Tim Holtz ink and then roughed up the edges as well. I also stamped the lock and key onto this. I stamped these again onto white card using Basic Brown and then cut them out and paper pieced over the original images. The couple were also stamped in SU Basic Brown and coloured with Copic Markers and then fussy cut. These three stamps are all from Hampton Art - Graphic 45 set called Key to my Heart. It doesn't come with any sentiments, but I had the perfect sentiment to go with it. It's from SU You're a Gem clear mount set, also stamped in Basic brown and cut out with the small oval, sponged with the Distress Ink and mounted onto a larger oval in Cajun Craze. I added two little pearls and popped it onto the DP with foam dots. I thought the right hand corner of the main piece was a bit bare, so added some hearts from SU set I (heart) hearts. The chequered one was adhered flat, the large love one was cut out and mounted onto white card and trimmed with a little border. Both of these pieces were sponged around the edges, the last little heart was trimmed with a small border of white and popped up with a bit of foam.
I would like to enter this into Make It Monday Challenge #70 - Anything Goes.
also into the Bearly-Mine Challenges 26 - Anything Goes
Hope you like it - I had fun making this one.
Take care,
See you soon,
Sandy

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Love your papers! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sandy! Love the hearts and the sentiment with the gems!

    Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sandy, just catching up with everyone! Hope you had a good Christmas and best wishes for 2012. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these vintage images you have been using lately, so great, and the card and design is fab too, love the lock and key and papers!

    Have a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like this one!
    Great papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy . Thanks for the surprise catch up for coffee at cafe this morning and the card .
    This creation is awesome . Love it and all its elements . The lock , the key , and the image ..WOW!
    hugs Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandy

    How are you? Glad to hear things have cooled down a little there now. That heat really takes it out of you doesn't it.

    Love your card!! The image is very sophisticated and the papers are terrific. It all comes together very nicely.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you have uesd the TH inks. This is so vintage and sassy...I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card creation! I saw you on MIM!:)

    Cheers,
    Jenny
    http://cookieadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, I love the idea of a key hole like you are peeking through.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, the papers, design and that image are fabulous, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...