Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shiver Me Timbers!

Hi everyone,Saturday is just about over and I've just finished my card.
I went out this morning with a friend to a craft shop which is about 30 minutes away. We arrived and got out of the car and then realised it was closed. The owners are Seventh Day Adventists and don't open on the Saturday but do on Sundays. To compensate for the lack of craft shopping, LOL, we went and had a coffee and then popped into Spotlight so we could buy some more foam dots. I also bought a couple of candles which were half price so I could put some stamped images on them later. My friend dropped me back home and I got myself organised to go to another friend's house for our Saturday get together. We craft together, beading, cardmaking, helping Judy with crafts to sell for charity some weeks. Today we did two totally different things, I showed the girls how to make a Secret Box, we got about half way through that and we also used serviettes to make a picture on an artist's canvas. Quite easy, you paint the canvas let it dry and then adhere the serviette with modge podge and coat the whole thing. They all turned out really well.
I came home again and our youngest daughter had come to have tea with us. We just bought a take away cooked chook and a few chips and made some salad to go with it. We watched a DVD and she showed us a couple of her text books she now has for her nursing course. She starts next week and then will be very busy with classes and work as well.
Well here is the card.
I used a blue card from stock for the basecard and then a piece of SU Wild Wasabi. Both the DP's are from My Mind's Eye. The image was from Dustin Pike (I think)
The sentiment on the front I made up and printed using the computer. The one on the inside was either one I bought or a freebie, really not sure and I don't think I wrote where it was from either. I also decorated the inside of the card using the Wild Wasabi and one of the papers.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches #22-A Sketch by Jennifer Timko
Hotshot Craft Blog - Challenge #4 - One for the boys
Stampin with the Dragon - THE YEAR OF THE DRAGON

Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments and to all that pop in, especially to those who come every day, thank you... thank you!!
Take care,
Sandy

front of card

inside of card

18 comments:

  1. Hello Sandy. How cute and what a lovely image. Love the design and the sentiments are great. Hope you are keeping well.
    With love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! That's cute............the sentiments are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very crafty saturday! Too bad the shop was closed though. Your card is so cute with the funny sentiment! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy what a great card it's so cute..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card Sandy, love how you've used that sketch! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Snady, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a different,little boy's card,good colouring. love mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Sandy, what a very fun card, I love that dolour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahoy Matey - this is a sweet birthday card! Arrrrrrh.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandy , super fun card for youngster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww ... super cute, love the dragon!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That guy is really adorable! Great card. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card. I love the dragon you used. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping With The Dragon.

    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great "one for the boys card". Thanks for joining us at HSC for our challenge

    Hugs Sarah x

    p.s. We have the new Tim Holtz Distress Markers on Pre Order.

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely adorable! I love this...thank you for bringing your card to stamping with the dragon this week. See you in 2 weeks. LUV Samara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...