Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Engagement card for Andy and Mandy

Today was a full day, I woke up early when my hubby left for work and then went back to sleep. Got woken at 7.30 a.m. by the alarm and terrible leg cramp. I finally drifted off again only to be woken by our youngest son who had taken his rally car on the back of a trailer to a tyre place and left the keys home so couldn't drive it off.  Could I please bring the keys to him?  Luckily it isn't very far from home only two minutes in the car. I did have to get dressed, check my blood sugar, have breakfast and medication, all of which I did in record time but still got another call to ask where was I!!! I went to the shops after I gave him the keys and found some black cord jeans.
I haven't been to the Saturday craft group for 3 weeks due to other committments, so I went but I was late because I had to make this card first as we went to the Engagement Party tonight.
We've only just got home and I am now sitting here yawning while I type my post.
This is what I made for the happy couple....

Front of card


Inside of card
Recipe:
Black cardstock from stash for the basecard
Silver textured cardstock from stash
DP from 6x6 mini pad from Cre8tiv
Main image is from Fizzy Moon ~ Celebrations - Let's Celebrate
Little Heart image is from SU I (heart) Hearts
Sentiment is from SU Perfect Punches
Nestie Circle Dies.
Small pearls from stash
Copic Markers
Decorative Label Punch
SU Basic Black inkpad
SU Real Red inkpad

I stamped the image directly onto the silver textured card and then onto a scrap of the same card. I cut it out and adhered over the top of the first one to give it a bit more dimension. I coloured the bottle, cork, cap, the teddie's nose, glasses and the hearts with Copic Markers. I only wanted the colour to be very minimalistic.
I added a torn piece of the black card. A small piece of the DP with a strip of black card through the middle
The sentiment was also stamped onto the textured card using SU Basic Black ink and cut out with the punch.
The little hearts on  the inside were stamped directly onto the textured card with SU Real Red ink

I am entering this into the following challenges:
ATC's and Cards with Attitude - Challenge 21 ~ Anything Goes
Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude - Challenge 21 ~ Anything Goes
365 Cards - Day 182 ~ Textured Treatment - stamp directily onto textured paper/card
Divas by Design - Challenge 50 ~ Let's Celebrate
Perfect Sentiments - PSC 47 ~ Anything Goes with a sentiment




Well, I hope you are enjoying your weekend, aren't the days just flying by!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Take Care,
Sandy


7 comments:

  1. Great card!
    I read back on your posts cause I'm behind!
    Glad your weather's getting a bit better.
    Our days are getting shorter here, and it's cooling off quite a bit at night now!
    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely engagement card Sandy..such a sweet image...I am sure this card will be treasured

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute card, Sandy! Love that image. We so appreciate that you chose to play along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at our Perfect Sentiment Challenge this week. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, great design...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love the embossing and your layout. Wonderful! Thanks so much for entering ATC's and Cards with Attitude Challenge! It's nice to have you.
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card - nice work with the textured paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...