Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Christmas Hospitality

Hi everyone, it just feels like yesterday that I was saying about the start of a new week and here we are again. I'm going to have to start thinking about making the Christmas Puddings! - last year I left them to the last week and that was a bit stressful spending a whole evening watching different size puddings and making sure to take them off as they all had different cooking times.
Went to church this morning and we sang a song called Clap Your Hands All Ye People, and LOL we actually had a few people clap at the end, they don't normally clap in church, so they must have liked it.
Spent the afternoon with Jane and Shirley (Doug and the dog Jackie too) making up 3 lovely cards that Shirley designed for us, a fun afternoon.
I left Adrian home and 2 of our sons came over to watch the motorbike GP race and have a barbecue. It was all over by the time I got home.
We had a scratch tea as Adrian only wanted something light.
I decided to make another Christmas card tonight using this whacky little "Mrs. Claus" image that I found on e-bay. I stamped it onto a Nestie Diecut and then mounted onto 2 circle diecuts - added some holly and berries that I stamped and coloured with Copics, The stamp was a freebie from a set that came with a recent magazine I bought. I then thought it needed something else to out came the Cuttlebug and found my Marianne Poinsettia Dies and made 2 different size flowers, a bright Christmassy DP and a ribbon with a printed "Merry Christmas" already on it to finish it off,
I would like to enter this into the Papertake Weekly Challenge - Get into Shape, - you have to use 3 shapes and the cardbase can count as one, I've used a rectangular cardbase, circles, a nestie label die cut (and also the flowers are shaped diecuts too)
So hope you had a fabulous weekend and are now refreshed for the coming week.
Take Care,
Sandy

7 comments:

  1. Great card Sandy, the poinsettias look fab. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sandy,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, our BBQ weather has well and truly gone now - out come the woolies!

    Love your fun card Sandy - wonderful layout and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy ,thanks for kind words on my posting .
    This is a super Christmas card .:Love those flowers and that diecut frame combination for that fun image .
    hugs Shirley-anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card Sandy! Lovely colors and pretty flowers. Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun image - love those poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute it is..Lovely..i am coming from MIM :

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...