Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I've got Brown Eyes!

Hi everyone, another overcast day today. My friend Fran came and picked me up early and we went to Diabetic House so I could sign up for membership and buy a glucose monitor etc. I've signed up for some classes too so I get a better idea of what to do or not to do! Fran wants to come with me as she is now glucose intolerant and wants to put off getting diabetes as long as possible.
Came home and did a bit of shopping and then back here. Jane came over so we could have our normal craft at my place instead of hers as my DIL asked me to look after the baby and the nearly 7 year old girl. My other granddaughter was supposed to come, but ended up going over the other grandma's house. My husband came home from work in time to take Amelia off to the playground for 30 mins before Mum came back to pick them up.
We usually go out with friends for tea but they are away for a month, so we decided to stay home instead. Hope you all had a good day whether at work or play.
Onto my card...
I've made this one to enter the Less Is More Challenge Week 35, needs to be Clean & Simple

Here we are again and it's time for another COLOUR challenge.
This week we have chosen
THE COLOUR OF YOUR EYES

Well, my eyes are brown so therefore my card is a combination of shades of brown.
The cardbase is SU Chocolate Chip cardstock, I used a Nellie Snellen die to cut the heart out in SU Creamy Caramel. The image is from Creative Expressions set called Elegant Ladies. I stamped it onto white card with Basic Grey ink and coloured with Marvy Markers for the dress (Ochre, Brown and Dark Brown) and the flower (Green and Lilac) The hair and skin were coloured with Copics. I added light brown bling to the dress. The sentiment is also from SU and was inked with the Dark Brown Marvy Marker.
I had already posted the scan of the card, but it was really streaky so have come back with a photo which is much better and edited this post. The dress is still not quite the right colour, IRL it is an orangy brown.
Thanks for stopping by and to those who leave comments I appreciate them very much and enjoy reading what you have to say.
I'm also going to enter it into the Make It Monday Challenge #57 - Anything Goes
Take care,
Sandy

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sandy,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sandy, do like the image. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! To be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just upload a project and leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful, and I love the added details on her dress. I saw you on Make It Monday and popped over to leave some love :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Sandy!
    She's a very elegant lady!
    Thanks so much for joining us again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so hard to get the colors to photograph true to color sometimes. This lady has a lovely, elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, elegant image, goes well with the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovey Sandy, So simple and elegant, saw it on MIM, so thought I would pay you a visit, have a lovely day hun.
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and you kind comment :D!
    You've made a very CAS and elegant card :)
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is so elegant Sandy....a lovely card. Saw you over at Make it Monday and just had to visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy

    Really elegant card, I love this image.

    The added bling to the dress gives it a lovely lift.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab elegant card Sandy! Love the image.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card Sandy
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great image and unusual colours, there were so many blues and greens this weeks, yours looks fab!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...