Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Friday, October 28, 2011

Joy at Christmas

Hello everyone, I decided to have a quiet morning at home and do some washing but the heavens burst open and it bucketed down - I went outside to watch the water pour down our street as we live on an incline. Glad I hadn't put the clothes in the machine before it started or I would have had to have put them over a rack. I had to go to the doctors this arvo to have him check up on whether I was doing the right thing with my sugar levels. I don't have to go until the New Year now, LOL, I told him I would be eating Christmas pudding which will be full of sugar! He said nobody expects me to be a saint, LOL. He has diabetes also and it's been out of control and he tells me he has to eat salads etc and it is slowly coming down. At least he can share his experience and knows how hard it can be sometimes. I don't mean really hard but it's a bit sad watching someone eating something that you enjoy and can no longer have!
Well, I was going to have an early night but time has gotten away from me because I was watching you-tube tutorials, looking for inspiration for something different to teach.
This is one of the cards I made a couple of days ago for next Wednesday's class.
The basecard is Real Red, I cut a piece off the front and then used a border punch along the edge, the DP is from stash. The panel with the bird on is scored on the right hand side and folded under the insert so it flaps over the front of the card.
Both the image and sentiment are from SU sets and I used Copics to colour the bird image,
I would like to enter this in the challenge at Little Claire's - theme is Christmas.
Thanks to all of you that regularly leave me comments, they are much appreciated,
Hope you enjoyed your visit here today,
Take Care,
Sandy

6 comments:

  1. Sandy lovely Christmas colors and you are lucky to have such an empathetic doctor

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Sandy,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely traditional Christmas card, Sandy....love it....bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sandy - the fresh bright card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is simply stunning! :) Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog--new follower in me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Little Claire's x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...