Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Surfer Matt

Hi again, well it's been an exciting day, got up this morning and went to church, home again and had lunch, did the dishes and then about 3.30p.m. decided to go play catch with the dogs. I was down the side of the house and heard a car pull up and saw a guy get out with some paperwork and walk into my neighbour's driveway, he lives opposite us. I know he has been having legal and money problems and he told me that his accountant was trying to take his house away from him so I thought I would keep an eye on the guy. He knocked on the door and my neighbour came out and I could hear the guy saying he needed to move out, my neighbour said he wasn't moving and it escalated pretty quickly with lots of swearing and yelling, He then grabbed my neighbour by the front of his shirt and punched him, I had come into the front yard by this stage and saw him do it so I yelled at him to stop and that he couldn't go there and assault him. He started back towards the car yelling at me about my neighbour and then threatened that he would be back when he least expected it and the police wouldn't be able to save him. He drove off and I called the police. They came but told my neighbour he needed to go to the police station and make a report. He doesn't have a registered car so we had to take him and I ended up making a statement. I'm concerned this man may retaliate against me as well but I'm sure if I hadn't intervened he would have continued with the assault. It was a quiet day up until then!!
Luckily I had made my card up already so I'm having a proper early night for a change.
I've again used Matt from Kaszazz Stamps, this time he is in surf mode! I used another piece of the orange DSP from SU and a piece of light blue card with a waves stamp from SU Surf's Up set, the sentiment is from the same set, I coloured the image with Marvy Markers and Copics. I rounded the corners of the image piece and then distressed the edges.
I would like to enter this into; Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #13 - One for The Boys
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes - they are trying to reach 1,000 entries this week
Well thanks so much for stopping by, please leave a comment so I can hop over to your blog too,
Take Care,
Sandy

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy .Quite a day for you .I think that you did the right thing , Sandy .
    Love the card .Especially the waves in the clever layout .
    hugs Shirley..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, you definitely did the right thing....a good Samaritan is hard to come by nowadays and a good neighbour even rarer. I am sure that the man will think twice before coming back now that he knows your neighbourhood is so caring. Thank you for popping by my blog and for leaving me such a lovely comment.
    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh - how terrifying! What is wrong with people that they need to bully and assault like that. No excuse EVER! Praying everything smooths out and for everyone's safety. Great card, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you certainly have had some excitement today Sandy.I din't think he will be back.
    Your card is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab card - great surf dude - thankyou for joining us at RRC - hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! such a cool and funny card!

    the surfer-boy looks GREAT!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great surfing dude. Great layout and colors. TFS

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, Sandy!!! Being from Florida, I love anything to do with the beach. :)

    Not many people will get involved to help others these days. It shows what a wonderful person you are. I'm praying for your neighbor and you as you wait to see what that man will do next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby's Rainbow hope you will join us again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such perfect colouring and such a fun image.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou so much for your gorgeous entry for this weeks Simon Says Stamp Challenge and for helping us get over 1000 entries ......good luck!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...