Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

3D Roses with paper embroidery

Hi everyone. I seemed to have picked up a sore throat. The Lord Mayor's Gala Concert was today and there were about 38 from our choir that sang. We were first on and sang a fanfare and 2 Christmas Carols and another Christmas song - I managed well until the last one and felt my voice crack so luckily I wasn't singing too loud and the other voices covered it up and it only lasted a few seconds. Just long enough for me to feel bad though! Nobody else noticed not even the girl standing next to me. One of my friends and I asked if we could go upstairs and sit in on the rest of the concert and they said okay, so we got to see it for free. I had a very late lunch!
I took the bus home from town, a very rare thing for me and was surprised at how much I had to pay for a 10 minute bus ride.
Out again for another rehearsal tonight and we have a charity performance at a hospice tomorrow. They have it every year to remember all the patients that have passed away there. Relatives and friends of the patients attend. They have a ceremony out of the front of the hospital where they light up one of the big trees and a soloist sings. Very moving. They have the police there and they close off the road for a short time. My friend and I are also singing at our Wednesday Craft breakup concert too tommorrow morning. I hope the voice is up to it as we are each singing a verse in one song and unison in the other.
Well onto today's card.
Basecard is red card from stash and the topper is white card and I have stitched a swirly pattern on it and added a 3D roses topper piece that I put together a while back and hadn't used.
I am entering this into Make It Monday Challenge #66 - Anything Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments, sorry I haven't been looking at many blogs and commenting at the moment - just have had too much on at present.
Take Care,
Sandy


We

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty!
    I love the swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Sandy. So very pretty and effective. You take of yourself and happy crafting too.
    Lots of love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very elegant Sandy! I love how you've framed it like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful creation.. love the embroidery work you have done. Thanks for sharing on MIM...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy sorry about your sore throat , hope it is better now .
    Love this paper embroidery which accompanies the 3D flowers beautifully . Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is beautiful!!! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM. The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card saw it on Make it Monday
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...