Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Embroidered Christmas Tree Trio

No craft today with Shirley as we decided it was best to cancel while Michelle (her daughter)and her family were down from Queensland for a visit. Our two youngest grandchildren stayed overnight as our DIL had to go to a funeral in Mount Gambier and as it is a long drive from here in Adelaide, she went yesterday afternoon. The funeral was at 11 a.m. so it was a long day and she got back late tonight so we offered to keep the children another night as I was babysitting tomorrow anyway and it saves her a bit of time in the morning. She can go straight to work and Amelia can go with her. She works for Scripture Union and their office is in a house, so it's a bit of a rabbit warren. They are family orientated so there is no problem with Amelia going with her and she can keep herself amused with games etc and she can always read the children's books that they sell. They have display ones there.
Fran and I (and the kids) popped out to a craft shop, it's their birthday and they are having a progressive sale. something different each day. They had embossing folders for only $2.50 today and 30% off the Kaisercraft range of stamps. I needed to get quite a few of my copic markers refilled too.
We stopped at a little cafe for lunch and then back home here - Isaac went off to bed and Layla played with the Duplo. Our eldest daughter called in to use my washing machine. They have moved house over the weekend and she hasn't got a washing machine yet. She was renting with our other daughter and using her washing machine. She got rid of her own as it seemed silly to have two.
Choir practice tonight!!! We've started on the Christmas music and also rehearsed some music for The Lord Mayor's Gala Concert which is next Tuesday and we are one of the performers. Also we are singing soon at one of the big city churches for a service put on for the Heart Foundation where they remember all the people that have died from heart failure during the year. They invite the relatives and light candles for each person who died.  They have a balcony at the entrance of the church and we will be singing from there. The congregation don't actually see us only hear the voices floating out.  It's a lovely service.
Now that I've been chatting away, I'd better get on and share my card too.
I've made a double slider card for my Christmas Stash!!! and I decorated using paper embroidery in the form of 3 trees
Here are the scans -

Front of double slider card

Right hand side when pulled out

Left Hand side when pulled out

Sorry, I should have put something dark behind it to define edges of the white card for you, but it's late and I want to head off to bed soon.

Recipe:
DCWV textured cardstock for the basecard
White card from stash for the topper and also the slider sections
Plastic bag - to created the slider mechanism
Mettalic threads for stitching.
Tree Prick Pattern
Punch - small circle
Hole Punch
Ribbon from stash
Stamps from SU More Merry Messages
SU Early Espresso inkpad

Gotta go, thanks for stopping by and to those who left messages while they were visiting, thankyou, they are all read and appreciated very much.
Take Care,
Sandy

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Sandy - you must be so patient!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought of did I see your card today ??and no I hadn't...
    I like it,nice touch with slide and good sentiment...
    xx mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Sandy....I am really enjoying these stitched cards you have been doing. Inspiring me to dig my patterns out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...