Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Leafy CAS card

It's been a lovely Spring Day today, it's nice to see a bit of sunshine! Hope the weather in your part of the world has been kind to you. As it is Sunday, we started our day off with going to church. I was on time for practice and the choir sang after the opening prayers. It was a very nice piece with a catchy tune. In the last verse two of the sopranos sang the melody and myself and another soprano and the rest of the choir sang parts backing them. It went well, I think.
After catching up with a couple of people at morning tea, we came home for lunch and to wait for our grandson to be dropped off while our son, DIL and two granddaughters went to the pictures to see Nemo in 3D.  Hubby went to our daughter's house to pick up our lawnmower and ended up doing their lawn first as they hadn't been able to get the thing to start. He came back home and took little Isaac in the stroller for a walk around the block and then mowed both the front, back and nature strip. They really were in desperate need of mowing, the poor dogs were just about getting lost out there!!! Well, I'm exaggerating a teeny bit, LOL.
Tonight I have made a very simple card, it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to, but I had 4 goes at it and have 3 disasters waiting to go in the bin. I used new stamps on a couple of the rejects and they just did not stamp clean. This one the leaves are sponged using the negative part of a diecut.
Here is the scan to share:


Front of card:
I've scanned with a backing sheet so the edges of my white card shows up. I haven't done anything to the inside of the card but may use a diecut when I finally get around to using this card.


Recipe:
White cardstock from stash for the basecard
SU Old Olive, Glorious Green, Certainly Celery inkpads
Nestie leaf die - used the negative to sponge the leaves
Sentiment is from Annabelle Stamps - Ballerina Rose set

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Less Is More - Week 84 - One Layer Challenge ~ Folliage

My weekend has finished and I'm off to bed, thanks to those who expressed wishes that I felt better, I am now recovered and feel just fine.
Take Care,
Sandy

12 comments:

  1. nice and simple like less is more likes it
    Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous autumnal card Sandy.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! I love this CAS make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with your great colour choice & stamping. Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the delicate inking effect here.
    I always feel that a scan takes lots of the life and vibrancy from a card and always think that a photograph shows them in their best light.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat card Like the style and colouring.. XX Mum XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS card Sandy - perfect for the LIM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, I like the loose look of the stamping
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the muted colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love the colours. Perfect CAS design. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...