Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Friday, January 18, 2013

An Awning card

Hi everyone, another day at home except for a quick trip to the supermarket. I had all 3 grandchildren here today. Plans were for them to stay for tea and then sometime in the evening go home. Our son and DIL had freebie tickets to the cinema and the only session they could go to was late and at the cinema near their home so the kids were going to be picked up at normal time and they were going to forego the movie. I offered for them to stay overnight as they had already told Papa they wanted a barbeque for tea and they also love kicking him out of our bed after he reads them a couple of books.
Layla made another card today which I will share here. Last time they were over, I gave her a pretty box to keep her growing stash of cards in. They sorted them out into birthday and Christmas and she has a total of 20 cards. She decided she wanted to make a male orientated card today and has used a stamp of a scooter.
I've been looking at You-tube how to's lately and decided to try out an "Awning card" and here it is....
The photo is not wonderful as I just took it in the back room and you can see some of the toys etc that the kids have been playing with still around on the floor!!!

It's a bit shadowy and the sentiment doesn't show up clearly but you get the overall feel for it!

Recipe:
Blue Card from Stash
White Card from Stash
Word Window Punch (for the awning)
Oval Punch
Scalloped Oval Punch
Image is from SU Birthday Bakery
Sentiment is from Kanban (sorry lost the name of the set)
SU Pacific Point inkpad
Copic Markers


Here is the card Layla made (She is 4 years old)


Front of Card

Inside of Card
She chose to use the same blue card as mine and then chose this DP from My Mind's Eye. She wanted the arrows to be one her card so I had to line it up so she could cut these particular pieces out of the 12x12 sheet! She stamped the image which is from Kanban - Retro cars clear set in Memento black ink and then coloured it in with Copic Markers. I helped her with the tyres by doing the outer edges and she filled them in. The rest of the bike she did by herself. She loves using the Copics!!! and also my Cuttlebug machine. She chose this lovely Wavy Rectangles die. I line it up and put the plates on and she turns the handle. She prefers to do that on her own and when she embosses she sometimes asks for a bit of help turning the handle as it is a bit harder to do.

Well that's it from me tonight, all the kids are fast asleep in our bed and I will have to probable reorganise them a bit so there will be some room for me to sleep in, LOL.
Have a great weekend'
Take Care,
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Two great cards Sandy, just love the awning card we have made these in our craft group and your scooter card is a great for a guy

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so clever, Sandy! It's making me think of summer - which I wish it was in the UK!!

    Layla is very talented - such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like your awning card, nice to have something different..Layla is doing so well.becoming a real pro..xx mum and great mama xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Sandy! I love the colors and the unique shape! Layla's card is wonderful too! Especially considering she is 4 years old, it is really good! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two terrific cards. I love the awning card as I have never seen a card like this before. Well done Layla, your card has turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...