Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Quick Christmas card using chipboard diecuts

Halfway through the weekend already - a busy day today, overslept and the poor dogs were still in their beds in the laundry dying to be let out!!! Our youngest son and fiance caught me still in my pj's and wanted me  to go out with Emma to try a cheescake that they may like at their engagement party. Of course being diabetic I shouldn't be eating it at all, but to please them I had some. It was so sweet, there would be no way I could eat it and I suppose since I've cut down on all that sort of thing, it does seem even more sweet to me. He wanted to know whether I could make it, I think all I would need would be to find a recipe. It was an apricot baked cheescake with an almond topping and maybe icing sugar on top. It looked a bit like crumble on a baked apple pie!!!
The craft group that I usually go to on Saturdays met for the first time since before Christmas as people have just had things on and it hasn't been able to get going until now. I got home to find hubby off to the airport to pick up a couple of our friends who stayed with us just over a week ago and left their car here and a few belongings. They shouted us pizza for tea before they headed off to the mallee region back to their farm. A bit of tv watching and then started thinking about making a card, I've missed a few nights this week due to different things going on so tonight I decided to make a quick Christmas card using a packet of diecuts that I picked up about 5 years ago in one of the discount shops.
Here it is.....

Recipe:
SU Garden Green cardstock for the top fold cardbase
DP from
Nestie die - Classic Circles small
Image and square word are diecuts from the discount variety store (at least 5 years old)
Sentiment from SU More Merry Messages
SU Handsome Hunter inkpad
Foam dots
DS tape roller

Thanks for stopping by, hope you are having an enjoyable weekend.
Take Care,
Sandy

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card Sandy and love your fabulous santa image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sandy....if you ever get that cheesecake recipe sorted out, I do hope you'll share....sounds yummy! Love the sweet Christmas card.....makes a nice change to not have to colour in, sometimes, and this looks marvellous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So vibrant, Sandy! I love this great Xmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is one super xmas card hun love this hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card, that circle background works perfectly. A big hello, I'm doing a bit of catching up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy
    Cute card and that santa is soooo cute.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...