Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hip, Hip, Hooray

A long day, but a good one! We were up early this morning so we could get down to Victor Harbour before 9 a.m. and it takes about an 1 1/2 hours. We went down for an auction - people donate things and everything is sold to benefit a local charity club. We took our trailer just in case we bought something. I found a lovely hutch top - quite large with shelving and partitions that would suit storage of A4 paper so bid on it and got it for $10 LOL, we just have to work out how I am going to manage to find space for it!!!! My friend bought a King size ensemble bed with a pillow top mattress in excellent condition, looks new. No-one else bid on it so she got it for $2 New ones are worth over $3,000 and her son is about 6'7" tall so definitely needs a big bed. She then had to go and buy sheets, a quilt and a cover which cost her over $200. All in all a wonderful bargain.
We had lunch with them and stayed till about 5 p.m. We came home a different way and dropped in to see my OH's uncle. He talked us into staying for tea and as he normally goes to his daughter's house he rang her and we all went there. He caught quite a bit of salmon the day before so that is what we had for our meal. It was delicious. We stayed talking until nearly 9 p.m. then dropped him home and we arrived home about 10.30 p.m.
Out came the measuring tape and pen and paper to try and see where we can fit this cupboard. We think we've worked it out but it's too late to do anything tonight and I will have to pull a lot of stuff out so we can move things around. Not going to get done in a hurry!
Well I managed still to make a quick card after I found the DP I knew I had somewhere!
Here it is:
I used SU Choc Chip cardstock for the cardbase, DP is from stash (I've already used this so don't have the name on it anymore) The image is a digi I bought from Meljen's, coloured with Copics - cut out and adhered to a blue nestie diecut. I added all the little swirls and the hair on his head as I had cut these off when I trimmed him - it was too hard to try and cut around the hair!
The sentiment is SU and stamped with Choc Chip ink onto yellow card from stock and I added faux stitching with a blue pen.
Off to bed, not sure if I am going to church in the morning and we have another catch up with another cousing tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks to those who commented on my last post,
Catch you later, enjoy your weekend,
Sandy

7 comments:

  1. Cricutjunkie sent me!

    Ooo, that hutch sounds so cool, and what a great deal! Be sure to take a picture of it to post!

    I love the banana patterned paper on your monkey card! Goes so well together! I also like the tip to just draw in the hair instead of worrying about cutting those things out. Makes so much more sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day!
    Hope you find a place for the hutch topper!
    Card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cricutjunkie sent me too!
    Thanks for your comment, I'm a follower of you now too!
    Love your monkey card, that's a great sentiment on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Love that monkey and banana paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is one super cute card hun that monkey is adorable hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a successful day shopping - I want to see photos!

    Love that card Sandy, the paper is just perfect with that cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy That monkey looks ok .Love your colouring and that BG paper .A fun card
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...