Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A New House

Hi, we've just come home from the cinema, We went and saw "War Horse" It was interesting but lots of deaths both human and animal depicted. I prefer a comedy or mystery more.
I went to Saturday craft and helped the girls to make a square tissue cover box to slip over the shop bought ones. We used the cuttlebug to do some cutting and embossing and everyone's looked different. Helen used chalk sponged over the embossing and decorated the top with some flower beads and some pearls and a border sticker around the top outside edge. I went for a bit more manly style and used Sahara Sand cardstock and a embossing template with clocks and cogs on. I distressed it with Choc Chip ink and may put some buttons or something on the top to embellish it. Another lady used autumny toned chalks on her basic white box and Judy made one from red card and distressed the edges with ink as well. When I get a photo, I will share the two I made.
Well, LOL, I better get a move on and share this card so I can get some sleep tonight!
I used SU Cherry Cobbler as my basecard and then used two bits of left over scraps of DP so not sure who made them. The image is a freebie digi and if I find the name, will add it later. I coloured it with Copic Markers and cut it out and mounted onto a topnote diecut in SU Certainly Celery which I trimmed back and distressed then also ink distressed using Tim Holtz distressing inks, Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo. The second diecut was using a coffee coloured card called Kula Cream. I also used this to print the computer generated greeting as I didn't have anything suitable and distressed with the inks and mounted onto another punched circle in Certainly Celery.
I would like to enter this into:
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes with the option of a "New Theme"
Bling It On challenge - New Beginnings
Addicted to Stamps Challenge#20 - Something new, eg - new baby, new home, new year
Thanks for stopping by and I enjoyed reading the comments left for me. Much appreciated, I even managed to visit several blogs too, if you're on my list, I hopefully will get to visit during the week.
Take care and enjoy your weekend,
Sandy

Thanks to new follower, Sonia, for searching the link to the freebie digi I used here. It is by Beyond the Fringe Crafts & Digital Stamps

13 comments:

  1. love this one,colours and even saw rumour in it.good old rocking chair.xxmum..

    ReplyDelete
  2. humour is the word lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandy
    Love your card, look fabulous. I never did a card with that theme. I really like the image, if you found the freebie link please let me know.
    Thanks for your visit on my blog.
    Best wishes for 2012.
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like the link to the digi if you ever find it too!
    Great card & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great image,love your card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab moving home card! Gorgeous colour combo and love the label!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is a fab card, love the image and colours, thanks for sharing with us at ATSC, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw yeah I want to see that movie, same with red dog. But don't want to see the sad bits! I am terrible with that stuff!

    Love the loaded up ute moving house, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy, this is a fab new home card. Love the image.Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card Sandy, especially the colors you used on it. I will definitely put your card up on the original post along with a link back to your blog. Thanks for using my image! Carmen at BTFC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy
    Love the loaded truck .
    Great card .
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful job with those die inks --- I tend to get too heavy handed but you did great! I did not want to see the movie WAR HORSE - Went to see Sherlock Holmes instead. We really enjoyed it! Oh - back to your neat card. That is a great digi for free!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card!!!
    Thanks for fun with Bling it on....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...