Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Vintage penny Farthing

It's another very cold night ! It's supposed to go down to 4 or 5 degrees overnight. I don't want to turn in to a iceblock, so the electric blanket will probably be on until the bed is toasty.
LOL, I'm sitting here in front of the computer with 3 layers of clothes on and my scarf wound around my neck too.
After a bit of housework, I went off to a craft shop with my friend, Fran to pick up the Do Craft magazines that I have ordered for myself and a few other friends. Had to get one of my Copic Markers refilled and I actually remembered to take it with me!!!! We stopped on the way back and had lunch and then she took me to the supermarket to grab some afternoon tea for the ladies at Thursday afternoon craft group. By the time I got home and organised again I was running a bit late, but got there in the end. Spent some of the time talking and looking through the magazine and also having a bit of a look on Jane's   i-pad at a couple of blogs and some pics of her dog in his new coat.
Hubby and I decided to go to a different hotel as our normal dining partners on Thursday nights have gone away holidaying in their caravan, BBBRRRR!!!!! We went to a hotel called the Bombay Bicycle - it is an interesting place with lots of wooden animals, tigers, elephants etc. When you walk in there is a water feature and you can hear elephants trumpeting. There are bicycles hanging from the ceiling in the bar and lots of lovely woodwork, a huge open fire, an old telephone box, a garden that you can look down on with another water feature. We ate in the bistro and had a little room to ourselves with a fireplace, but it wasn't lit. There were other people in the bistro, but there are several rooms and so the patrons were spread out. It was a nice meal and good to have a change of venue. When we left there were a lot of people in the more casual bar area where you can go down some stairs and eat there as well.
Dropped hubby off at home and then went off to sing my little heart out at choir practice at church in the city.
Home again in time to watch part of Frost and then sat down to make this card,
Here is what I used,
Basecard is SU Not Quite Navy,  the DP is from a mini paper pad - Dear lizzy - Neapolitan by American Crafts. I distressed the DP with Tim Holtz Vintage ink and also used a little distress tool on the edges to give it an old look. I used another DP, looks like a journal page and is from another pad made by the same company called - Amy tangerine ~ sketchbook. I used a punch on the top of the paper and also used some of the ink and distressed as well. I backed it with a piece of distressed not quite navy card. The image was stamped using SU Creamy Caramel onto white card. I used the same technique on this after I had torn around the image. I adhered it to a piece of the not quite navy card and then tore that as well. To finish off, I attached this lovely metal brad from Kaisercraft. It was from a pack that I bought the other day. A real bargain at 50c a pack and it came in a nice plastic holder that has a slide zip. Ideal for storing stamps in, which is why I bought it and the brads were just the icing on the cake!
I've decorated the inside using more distressing, tearing and ink. I added some small sections from the stamp I used on the front to give it a bit of character.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion - Challenge 113 ~ Chevrons - use a chevron pattern on your card.
Oozak - Challenge #3 - 2 papers and one or more embellies
Through the Craftroom Door - Challenge #27 ~ any form of distressing

Thanks for stopping by today and I've enjoyed reading the comment s left on my last post too!
Take Care,
Sandy

front of card
 inside of card

14 comments:

  1. Great vintage card, that brad looks fab - another ETC convert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage look of your card Sandy and what a great image the penny farthing is...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this vintage card...Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - love the vintage look. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, this is a stunner! Definitely want to make more of these, for myself.....and yours is great inspiration!
    Want to swap weather with me? Can't stand anything above 18 degrees or so, and your cold temps would suit me nicely....haaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the image and the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful vintage look card Sandy, Thanks for joining in with us at TTCRD, Good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome vintagey goodness! really love those stamps and collage look with the distressed edges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm lovin" this vintage bike!! Great project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandy ..Fab vintage card love the image and paper and card design inside and front .
    Great breakfast this morning .
    love you lots hugs Shirley-anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Hun,this is one, brilliant vintage card just love the papers,and the design is amazing love it hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandy, Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a nice comment. I have been away from blogging for awhile, due to illness and hospitalization, it is really good to be back.
    Love your card, so vintage and I love vintage, please stop by again soon.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beauuuuutiful! Love th ecolor combo and the gorgeous distressing - cards are usually only pretty on the outside and yours. Is inside too! Thanks for inspiring us over at Oozak!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh sandy Hun,this is just brilliant just love this style as you know and the inside is just as brilliant as the front always love how you,do the insides,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...