Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ships through the Ages

Well it's another day and time for another card. It's very late as I had choir practise tonight and sat in the car with a friend when I dropped her home and had a bit of a chat before she went inside about things happening with the choir.
Hubby was already in bed when I arrived home as he has an early start tomorrow. He didn't get home till after 7 p.m. tonight and I quickly heated up some soup for him and left to go to choir. That makes it about 10 mins that I have actually seen him today!!! I was still asleep when he got up in the morning and only registered when he called out goodbye as he left. Youngest son also in bed but watching television and not happy because he has a cold.
I caught up with Shirley this morning when Fran and I went for our usual crafty get together where we make up 3 cards that Shirley organizes for us. Great cards again, thanks Shirley.
I started making my card and ended up cutting my finger on the paper cutter blade. Annoying thing keeps falling out of the cutter and when I picked it up to put it back it decided to jump up and slice my finger. Thought I had better give it a bit of a chance to stop bleeding after I put the bandaid on so decided on a printed image instead of stamping and colouring tonight.
Here is what I made:

front of card

 inside of card
 Recipe:
SU Night of Navy for the basecard
SU Sahara sand cardstock
DP from SU designer pack - Well Worn
Sentiment from SU Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Brad from stash
Hessian from my son and DIL's wedding decorations
Stamped anchor from SU The Open Sea
Stamped manifest from same set
Choc Chip ink for distressing
Nestie - deckled rectangle diecut in Sahara Sand
Main image from Memories in the Making - ATC Collection ~ Men
Flag is a little die from Die-Namics ~ Mini Wavy Pennants
I distressed all the edges and also ink distressed.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge 80 ~ One For the Men
Cards for Men - Challenge 14 ~ Happy Birthday
Always Crafting - Challenge #11 ~ For Men




Thanks for stopping by, hope you've had a good day and happy blogging!!!
Take Care,
Sandy

12 comments:

  1. What a great male card Sandy! The distressing is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sandy, love the inked edges and great image, fabulous design too, hope the finger heals quickly, always in a spot that makes crafting difficult too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mans card Sandy...love your piece of hessian across the bottom


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is one,super male card hun,and just love the layout and love the way you have done,the inside too hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card....lovely image and great embellishing. Hope your finger is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great male card,nice work, like the inside as well. Thanks for this morning's help and lunch. love mum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card. Love all the detail - especially the stamped manifest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenges. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear!! Hope your younger son recovers soon!! And hope your finger will be heal faster =)

    Anyway, your card is awesome. So cool and elegant for a man's card! Love the design for in and outside card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandy
    Great masculine card .great images and layers .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card. Love how you stayed with the theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards For Men Challenge. I love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandy! Wow, what an incredible masculine card you've designed here. I really love the burlap and the all over nautical theme you've got going on. Your card is gorgeous! The rippled space for the inside writing represents the sea waves wonderfully. :) Hope your finger is doing okay, that's the worst!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!!
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...